It isn't net-sit or net-eat - it's net-WORK: So spend some time getting to know the people you are networking with each week. Here are some great questions to make your open networking education and a lot more fun.
1. Who are your three best clients?
2. What is the most common misconception about your business?
3. What is your favorite part of your profession?
4. Do you have children, and if so how many? What are their ages and interests?
5. How did you find out about BNI and why did you decide to join?
6. Do you have any hobbies, interests, or sports you are involved in?
7. Are you a member of a professional association? If so, which one? What does it mean to you to be a member and what has it done for you?
8. What is the one job or client that sticks out in your mind and why?
9. How did your past experiences lead you to the profession you are in today?
10. If you had to start all over again, what would you do differently in your career?
Try using these the next few times you network - add them to your conversational repertoire - and if you really want to increase your effectiveness - create a profile of your referral sources and add the answers to these questions so you can better remember their details.